After Creating a General Packet, you need to communicate the packet URL to individual students or groups of students. There are a couple ways you can send out the URL to families:
Standard SchoolMint Messaging Template
1. Navigate to Settings > Manage General Packets
2. Locate the General Packet you wish to share and click the white envelope to the right of the packet name (pictured below)
3. Use the filters to select the specific subset of students and families that you wish to send the General Packet and click Next.
4. Once the students and families have been selected you have the option to customize the Email and text message that will be sent out to families. Click here for more information on customizing Ad Hoc Message
5. After choosing a delivery time, you have the option to automatically add the General Packet to the Parent Dashboard with a "Not Started" Status.
Note: If this option is unselected, the General Packet will only be added to the Parent Dashboard once the parent navigates to the URL and starts filling out the General Packet.
General Packet URL
Additionally, General Packet URLs can be communicated to individuals by including the URL in any Ad Hoc Message. The URL can be located by navigating to Settings > Manage General Packets. The URL for the packet is located to the right of the packet's title (pictured below).
When you send a message with a General Packet URL, our message screen will see the link and offer to add the packet to the student's account. You'll see this box at the bottom of the message screen:
Leave this box checked to automatically add the General Packet to the selected students. This will add it to the Student Dashboard when families log in and will add the packet to Admissions > Manage Packets.