SchoolMint's Custom Reports are a treasure trove of data! These reports contain every answer to every question in your application, registration and re-enrollment forms, and can offer a wealth of information about your students and families. This guide will show you how to dig into those reports so you can start working with that data!
Which Report Should I Look At?
There are a few 'standard' Custom Reports that you can view in SchoolMint, all of which have a wealth of student data:
- Application Data: This will show you all of the data gathered in the application process and in your application forms. This will show all applications in every status from Submitted to Registration Verified, and everything in between for new students.
- Registration Data: This will show you all of the data gathered in the registration process and in your registration packet. This is a great place to look for data on new students.
- Re-Enrollment Data:This will show you all of the data gathered in the re-enrollment process and in your re-enrollment packet. This is a great place to look for data on returning students.
Downloading Custom Reports
To generate or download a custom report, go to Reports > Custom Reports.
Check the Report Generated On column to see when the report was last generated. Any data collected after that date will not be included in the report.
If you need more up-to-date data than the Report Generated On date will show, click Generate Report. Otherwise, just click Download to download your report.
Finding Data in Custom Reports
Now comes the fun part: finding data in your custom reports! When you download your custom report, you'll get a folder with one CSV file per form, and one extra file with standard student information.
- In the Application and Registration Data reports, it's called application-data-exporter.csv
- In the Re-Enrollment Data report it's called static-form-data.csv
The files for each form have the same names as the forms (you can view your custom forms under Settings > Manage Forms). For example, in the report above, the admin can view the Continued IntraTransfer Application form and the Signature form. To view the data, just open the file for the form where the data was gathered.
For example, to view IntraTransfer Application data, just open the file named Continued IntraTransfer Application.csv:
This file will show every answer to every question on the form!
In every downloaded file, you can view the following information:
- Row 1 is labeled with data that overlaps with the application-data-exporter.csv and with the form's title.
- Row 2 is labeled with the text of the questions that families are answering in the form.
- Row 3 is labeled with the question type.
- Rows 4 - onward are filled with the answers provided!
From here you can sort and filter the data using your spreadsheet software to look view and work with the abundance of student data in your custom reports!