SchoolMint does not have any pre-built features to import waitlists via the user interface. However, we understand the need to import a waitlist from a previous year, or a different system. To import a waitlist, please contact your SchoolMint representative and they will provide a quote for the task.
Questions to consider before starting the task:
- Should the waitlist be hidden from families once these records are imported?
- "Waitlisted" or "Waitlisted-9"
- How will parents be notified about these new SchoolMint accounts that will be created?
- SchoolMint does not automatically send communications when accounts, guardians, students, applications, re-enrollments, etc. are created through an import.
- Should SchoolMint create a temporary universal password for these accounts?
- Do families know about SchoolMint and can expect to accept/decline their offer?
- Have Custom Messages and Manage Templates for been customized for the lottery actions like Making Offers, etc.?
The process of importing a waitlist can take some time, depending on how large the waitlist, if there are any missing required data points and the schedule for imports at SchoolMint.
Steps outlined below:
- Format the waitlist to the template provided by your Customer Success Specialist.
- Please email the waitlist import file to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "<School name> Waitlist Import."
- Please note that there is a queue for organizations to import their data, so there may be a wait of 7-10 business days, assuming the data is 100% accurate and ready to go.
- SchoolMint will review the import and follow up with any questions. We will also provide an estimated timeline of completion based on the current queue and the amount of data to import.
Important Instructions Regarding Competing a Waitlist Template:
- Please note that if any of the required fields are left blank for any applicants, we will not be able to import the waitlist. If there are unknown answers to any of the fields, please enter a "filler" data piece that will be easily recognizable by your team.
- For example, we customarily select 01/01/1970 as the birthdate if that field is blank. That will easily flag it as an incorrect birthdate, allowing your team to identify the students that need follow-up.
- Please be sure to update the "grade applying to" to indicate the grade the student will be entering if accepted for the current/or upcoming year (depending on which enrollment year).
- The Sibling Attending priority can only be assigned if all the sibling fields (sibling name, grade, and school applying to) are provided.
- Please indicate the student's Waitlist Number if they should remain at that position.
- Please delete any duplicates within the import template.