How does Payments work?
You can create as many, or as few payments as is needed for your organization/school. There is not a minimum amount required. We use Stripe as a third-party vendor. Parents will directly pay Stripe (through SchoolMint) by entering credit card information. Once a month, SchoolMint cuts the organization a check for all of the payments collected.
1) Name the form ("Soccer Team Payment" or "Fall Tuition")
2) Include a Description ("This payment covers the soccer team fees.") This description shows up on credit card statements and when parents are prompted for their credit card information.
3) Create an Account Code for your records
4) Set an Amount (in U.S. dollars)
5) Determine if you would this payment to be paid later in person, by checking/unchecking box.
After creating the form, you can translate the form into the languages of the SchoolMint platform.
Once a form is created, the payment can be added to a registration/re-enrollment/general packet.
After completing the custom forms within a packet, the payment form will pop-up last. It is at this time, a parent can decide if they want to submit the payment online (credit card), or in person at the school (cash/check).
SchoolMint partners with Stripe for payments. If you would like to test your integration before going live, you can use this guide to test thoroughly.
If you are using Payments, you will be sent a physical check 3 weeks into the following month after the end of the previous month. Ex. If you received payments throughout the month of January, your physical check will be sent to you on the 3rd week of February.
Please contact your Custom Success Specialist about pricing to enable this feature.