Organizations that allow students to apply to multiple schools and rank their preference might find the Offers Optimizer useful. The Offers Optimizer will ensure that families receive only one offer to their highest ranked school.
1) For each grade level and school that should be processed by the Optimizer, run each grade level's lottery at all of those schools.
2) You can review each grade's Lottery Results, if you wish to see how many initial pre-offers were issued.
3) Instead of going to Make Offers, go back to the Lottery Dashboard, and click the green button labeled "Run Offer Optimizer."
4) You will receive an email when the Optimizer is done running. This process will run in the background, and might take up to an hour.
5) The Offer Optimizer will keep the student’s highest ranked offer in Pre Offer status, and cancel any lower ranked applications in Pre Offer status.
6) Then, to make these lottery results public, NOW go to Make Offers, and select all of those Pre Offer students, and in the lower-right corner, click the blue button "Make Lottery Results Public."
7) The pop-up confirmation message will let you determine to "Make Results Public WITH Notifications" or "Make Results Public WITHOUT Notifications."
If you need this feature for your lottery design, please contact your Customer Success Specialist. Also, please forward any questions you may have about this functionality to firstname.lastname@example.org