When you are ready to activate the new enrollment year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please take special note to do this 2-3 weeks prior to your new school year's launch date. While the technical process for activating a school is relatively fast, you might find that there are various updates you'll want to make from year to year that might take longer.
Please also update our team via email@example.com on any changes that might have taken place from year to year. For example:
- Do you need to add a new school?*
- Do you need to add more grades to an existing school?
- Do you need to edit your lottery priorities and/or lottery design based on new policies?
*If you are adding a new school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an updated billing statement.
Once activated, please be sure to check the following sections:
- Application Template - Many organizations might find that their application template needs new questions, or needs to have questions removed. Furthermore, please be sure to update any year specific dates. For example, your application template might stated that all applications are due by April 1st, 2016 in order to be eligible for the lottery. You'll want to be sure to update this date to the 2017 lottery date in order to avoid parent confusion! Note: Editing the application template is year specific. Updates made in the new academic year will not have an impact on the previous year's application template. More information on editing your application template can be found here: Editing the Application Template
- Custom Registration and/or ReEnrollment Forms - Many organizations find that their Registration and/or ReEnrollment forms might need some updates after a full Registration and/or Re-Enrollment cycle. Some questions to ask yourself when deciding whether or not the forms need update: 1. Were families able to easily navigate the forms, or were there certain questions that stumped them? 2. Is there any information we gathered that we never used? Could we delete those questions? 3. Were there key data points missing that we needed to update in our SIS? What were those key data points and how can you add them this year? More information on editing custom forms can be found here: Custom Forms Guide
- Registration and/or ReEnrollment Packets - Please be sure to account for any changes in your existing Registration and/or ReEnrollment Packets. For instance, did you add new schools or grades that also need to be added in the packets? Do you need to remove or add custom forms? More information on packets can be found here: Managing Registration Packets and Managing ReEnrollment Packets
- Discovery and Decline Reasons - When applying, families are asked the How did you hear about us? question. Similarly, when declining and/or withdrawing applications, families are asked to state a reason. If you have new marketing approaches this year, or found that there was a missing decline reason that would have been beneficial to have when analyzing data, please be sure to update these options. More information on managing Discovery and Decline reason can be found here: Managing Discovery and Decline Reasons
- Custom Messages - Custom Messages can be added along the application flow and other key pages to give families more instructions or to simply add logos and images. Please note that custom messages are not academic year specific. This means that when you make a change to a Custom Message, the change will impact both your previous and new academic year. If you are continuing to accept applications for a previous year while accepting applications for a new academic year, we suggest either including instructions for both years in the custom message or making the message generic to both years. More information on creating and editing Custom Messages can be found here: Managing Custom Messages
- Email and Text Trigger Notifications - Email and text notifications are sent to families based on both admin and family actions (such as submitted a registration or application). Please note that these notifications are not academic year specific. This means that when you make a change to a template, the change will impact both your previous and new academic year. Please be sure to remember this when updating your Email and Text templates. More information on creating and editing Email and Text Trigger notifications can be found here: Customizing Email and Text Notifications
- Calendar Dates - Once all of your settings have been updated and verified, you are ready to launch! Please go to Settings -> Manage Calendar Dates in your new Academic Year. Remember: if applicable, to also set your Age/Grade Cutoff dates. More information on creating and editing Calendar Dates can be found here: Calendar Settings