In SchoolMint, it is possible to run multiple lotteries on different dates for each grade within your schools. In order to set this up for the first time, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so that they can enable the appropriate configurations, and then follow the instructions below.
Running Multiple Lotteries
Under Settings > School Settings > Pencil icon (edit) > Set Individual Grade Preferences, you will see this column called "Done running lotteries?" once multiple lotteries has been enabled:
Done Running Lotteries?
- If yes, select the checkbox next to the grade you are done running lotteries for so that any students who submit an application from any point moving forwards will immediately be placed on the waitlist.
- If no, keep the checkbox empty next to the grade you are still planning on running a future lottery for so that students who apply after the open enrollment end date stay in submitted status.
Action Items to take for Running Multiple Lotteries
Let's take the following example:
1st lottery: School Apple Academy wants to accept applications for their first lottery from 1/1/18 - 2/1/18. Apple Academy is running its first lottery on 2/4/18.
2nd lottery: For its second lottery, Apple Academy wants to accept applications from 2/2/18 - 3/2/18. Apple Academy is running its second lottery on 3/5/18.
3rd lottery: For its third lottery, Apple Academy wants to accept applications from 3/3/18 - 4/3/18. Apple Academy is running its third lottery on 4/5/18.
- Navigate to Settings > Academic Calendar > Set your application and open enrollment start date to be 1/1/18, and your application and open enrollment end date to be 2/1/18.
- Run first lottery on 2/4/18
- After making your lottery results public, update the open enrollment and application end dates (through academic calendar settings) to be 3/2/18
- Run second lottery on 3/5/18 and once again update your open enrollment and application end date to be 4/3/18
- Run third lottery on 4/5/18 and if you decide you'd still like to receive applications but have them go into waitlisted status, you can simply update your application end date (but keep your open enrollment end date as 4/3/18).
- Once finished running all lotteries, check off all boxes under Individual Grade Preferences in the column `Done Running Lotteries?` to ensure that all applications submitted after last lottery is run go into waitlisted status