Move Students to a Different SchoolMint Account:
As an Admin, you have the ability to move a student to a different parent / guardian account that is signed up with SchoolMint!
How do I move a student to a different account?
- Click the icon
- Enter the destination account's username > Click the Look Up Account button
- You can ensure the destination account is correct by verifying the Guardians and students in the account.
4. Click the Move Student button
What happens when I click Move Student?
- The student and all applications/registrations/re-Enrollments across all of the applicant's organizations will be moved to destination account
- Guardians in both the original and destination accounts will be notified that this change was processed
- A success banner with text "Student has been moved successfully" will be displayed at the top of your screen
- The account login will update on the Student Profile
If you run into any issues or don't see this option on a student's profile please to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I resolve common error messages?
Here are some troubleshooting tips to resolve error messages you may encounter when trying to move a student to another account.
- You may run into this error message if you enter a username into the field and immediately click the Move Student button.
- In order to move the student, you first need to click the Look Up Account button.
Account Doesn't Exist
- This message may appear when the username entered is not currently a registered email
- If the email/phone number entered is correct then we recommend updating the Account Login instead.
The Destination account is not a part of your organization:
- To resolve this message, please reach out to the parent and ask them to go to your SchoolMint site and use their existing username and password to log in. This will add your organization to their account
- Once they add your organization to their account you'll be able to move the student
No Guardians in the Destination Account:
- Sometimes parents will create an account but not complete the account setup process. If the parent does not add a guardian to the account, you will not be able to move the student. There are two ways you can resolve this issue:
- 1. You can contact the parent to have them finish setting up their account then complete the move.
- 2. Go to Admissions > Accounts without an Application and look for the username. From there you can click Continue Application and finish the creation of the account on behalf of the parent.
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.