Use the steps in this section to configure your Zebra TC51 Mobile Scanner for use on your Wireless Network
- Set Date and Time Navigate to SETTINGS -> SYSTEM-> DATE & TIME
- DISABLE Automatic date & time
- Set/Verify Date
- Set/Verify Time Zone
- Set/Verify Time
- ENABLE Automatic date & time
- Add emails addresses to Personal Dictionary Navigate to SETTINGS ->PERSONAL->LANGUAGE & INPUT
- Tap Spell Checker -> DISABLE
- Tap Personal Dictionary -> Tap PLUS icon
- Type a Word = School Email Address
- Shortcut = Initial
- Tap CHECK MARK icon on Keyboard
- Join Wi-Fi Navigate to SETTINGS ->WIRELESS & NETWORKS
- Tap Wi-Fi to ENABLE
- Tap on SSID to enter PASSKEY
- To Pair Bluetooth Printer in Android Navigate to SETTINGS ->WIRELESS & NETWORKS
- Tap Bluetooth to ENABLE
- INDENTIFY Mobile Printer and Tap to Pair
- To Install Hero Application
- From the Google Play Store perform a search for HERO K12
- INSTALL the Red SCHOOL Application (BLUE Application is for Students/Parents)
- To Pair Bluetooth Printer in Hero App
- Login to the Hero App
- Tap the 3 Line Menu Icon located at the top left corner
- Tap PRINTER SETUP
- Tap FIND PRINTERS
- Tap PRINTER name in DEVICES FOUND to confirm
Resetting the Device
There are two reset functions, soft reset and hard reset.
Performing a Soft Reset
Perform a soft reset if applications stop responding.
- Press and hold the Power button until the menu appears.
- Touch Reset.
- The device reboots.
Performing a Hard Reset
CAUTION: Performing a hard reset with a microSD card installed in the TC51 may cause damage or data corruption to the microSD card.
Perform a hard reset if the TC51 stops responding.
- Simultaneously press the Power, PTT and Volume Up buttons for at least four seconds.
- When the screen turns off, release the buttons.
- The TC51 reboots.
Best Practice Recommendations
- Use your School’s secure wireless network instead of the schools guest network
- Label the mobile units pair
- Add the email addresses to all the users that will be using the mobile devices to the personal dictionary, as discussed in step 2 above
- For best results logout of the Hero App if you do not expect to have activity for more than 10 minutes
- Zebra recommends that Multiple Mobile (3+) scanners or printers should be charged using a charging cradle, using a power strip will negatively impact battery life on these units.
For additional assistance, please contact our Hero Support Team
Chat: Live Chat