The following instructions will assist you in configuring your Motorola MC40 for use with the Hero App on your school's internal network
Configure Wireless Connectivity
- Tap the Settings Icon.
- In the Wireless & networks section, tap Wi‐Fi.
- Tap your Wi‐Fi network in the list.
- Enter the network password and any other required information, and then tap Connect
Pairing the iMZ220 Bluetooth Printer
- Tap the Settings Icon.
- In the Wireless & networks section, tap Bluetooth
- If Bluetooth is not already on, touch the Bluetooth OFF/ON indicator to turn it on.
- Touch Search for devices. Make sure the Zebra Mobile Printer you are pairing with is turned on and broadcasting.
- A list of Bluetooth devices displays. Touch the device that you want to pair with your MC40.
- If the device you are pairing with your MC40 features a screen, the MC40 sends a pass code to the device for you to confirm. The pass code also displays on the MC40 screen. Confirm that the pass codes are the same, and then accept the pairing.
When successfully paired, the device is added to the Paired devices list on the MC40ʹs Bluetooth menu.
Installing and Configuring The Hero App
The MC40 is a secure Android Enterprise Device that does not have many features that are common on consumer android devices. The most important is the Google Play Services that allows you to download directly from the Google Play Store, for this reason the Hero App will need to be sideloaded directly.
- From the Home screen Tap the Browser Globe Icon
- In the Browser type in the URL in the address bar to download the Hero App . The URL is http://access.heropowered.com.
- Tap on the link for the Schools Portal
- To the right of the Login, above the "Now Available for iOS & Android" section Tap the Legacy Android Link to download the Hero School App Directly
- A download icon will appear in the taskbar. Swipe the icon in a down motion will show your recent downloads. Tap on the Hero app to install the application.
- Tap Install to install the Hero application on your MC40
- Enter you’re the Hero User Name (normally your email address) and your Hero Password to Authenticate and synchronize your School’s Data.
- After you login to the Hero App we have to configure the previously configured Bluetooth mobile printer to work with the app. Tap on the Menu Icon located in the top left hand corner.
- At the Menu Window Please tap Printer Setup to configure the Bluetooth Printer you previously discovered.
- Turn your Mobile Printer on and in the Printer Setup Window tap Find Printers to discover the printer. The printer will show up under Devices found. Once your printer is found Tap on it to finalize the assignment in the Hero App. You will receive a Confirm Prompt, tap OK to begin using Hero on your MC40.