Check out this section for step-by-step instructions to help your users gain access to Hero: https://schoolmint6.zendesk.com/knowledge/arrange/sections/360003954791?brand_id=199544
During the school year it is important to correctly disable the accounts of users that are no longer active in your school. These Heroes may have transferred or taken on new duties and are no longer in need of Hero Access for various reasons. This guide is designed to walk you through the process of making an account inactive (disabling).
1. To begin, log in to the Hero Administration site: http://setup.heropowered.com
2. From the Admin site, click on the “User” icon.
3. Click on the blue “SHOW ALL” button to view all of the users at your school.
4. Select User to edit by clicking on their email hyperlink, which will allow you to access the user properties.
5. Uncheck the “Active” checkmark box.
6. Click “Save” to disable the User account and remove that person’a access to Hero.
Adding New Users
During the Hero on-boarding process, your staff will have been imported for your school. But there may be instances where staff members need to be added because they were not included in that initial report. (New hires is the obvious example) This guide is intended to assist you in adding a user.
To begin, log in to the Hero Administration site: http://setup.heropowered.com
1. Click on the “User” icon to gain access to the Users/Roles configurations screen.
2. Click on the blue “+” icon to add a user.
3. Enter the First & Last name of the new user you are adding.
4. Ensure the correct school is selected.
5. Assign the correct role to your new user.
Note: the default “Clerk Role” should be used for most users. Assign “All Rights” to a user only if you want to give them access to the Admin site.
6. Assign Trac Entry Type.
7. Enter the user’s school-based email and create and confirm a password.
8. If the new user is a teacher, enter a Faculty ID. This number associates a teacher / user with their students. Without this number, your teacher’s student roster will not be populated.
9. Click “Save” to add new user.