When families create their accounts, they must enter their address, which is validated by SchoolMint through our mapping API. Every once in a while, an address cannot be validated. When that is the case, the address will be added to the Unconfirmed Addresses report.
Admins can view and process address issues by going to Reports > Unconfirmed Addresses. Here you can view addresses and filter by issue:
- Invalid Address Number: USPS does not recognize this as a valid address (although it may still be findable by Google Maps).
- Missing Apartment Number: The address is missing the apartment number.
- Missing Location Information: Google Maps does not have an accurate location for this address. This is common for new housing developments.
- Possible Invalid Address: We suggested a USPS validated address, but the user chose to keep the original address.
- Business Address: Business (i.e. non-residential) address.
Most of these issues can be resolved by contacting the family to confirm their address and re-saving the correct information in their Family Profile.
If your organization has boundaries in place to restrict applicants from applying based on their address they will be added to the Unconfirmed Addresses report with the Missing Location Information address issue.
Admins will be able to Geocode the addresses by going to Reports > Unconfirmed Addresses and choosing Missing Location Information from the All Addresses issues.
To assign students to their respective locations click the map pin icon next to Missing Location Information. A map will pop up and allow you to mark the correct location on the map with a pin that can be dragged to the correct location.
Once you've moved the pin to the correct location, click Submit Location. The family can now log in to their SchoolMint account and complete the application.