What are workflow notifications?
Workflow notifications allow for the triggering of automatic notifications every time a family responds to a question in a custom form in a particular way.
How do I set up workflow notifications?
In order to set up workflow notifications, please use the following steps:
- Reach out to email@example.com to ensure that this feature can be turned on for your organization.
- Once this has been turned on, navigate to Settings > User Settings. You will need to choose an existing role to receive notifications, or create a new role by clicking on the blue `Configure roles` button. If you do not see this button, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so it can be turned on for your organization.
- Once you have decided which role you would like to have receive notifications, you will use the blue `Configure Roles` button to then click on the button called `Manage Notifications`, as shown here:
- You will then land on a page that looks like this, where you can manage the frequency of the notifications and which user role will be able to access the report.
- Once you have set up the user roles that you would like to have receive notifications, you should navigate to Settings > Manage Forms > tab `Custom Forms`. You will choose the form that contains the question you wish to receive notifications for, click on Action > Edit > Save and go to Add Questions.
- Scroll to the question you would like to receive a notification for, or create the question. This must be a question with only one option, which could mean a radio field, multiple choice, or dropdown field. This does include Standard, Custom, and Awesome fields.
- Click on the question you'd like to receive the notification for, and scroll down in the `Edit field` section on the left-hand side of the page where it says `Add Notification`. Click on the box to `Turn on notification` and select the response(s) that you would like to have trigger the notification. Next check off the recipient roles that should receive this notification. Then select the report you would like this data to link to. Last but not least, select the frequency at which you would like to receive these notifications.
- You are now all set to begin receiving notifications!
- In addition to receiving your notifications by email, you can navigate to Reports > Custom Reprots and generate the report that is listed under the `Link to Report` section (from the image above).
What happens when I access the Custom Report?
We recommend that you sort by the `Submission Date` column so that you can view your most recently submitted applications, registrations or re-enrollments and view the students that submitted their responses to the question you have set up workflow notifications for. Additionally in Excel, you can apply filters to only view students who have responded to a question in a particular way.