To prepare for the next school year, you will need to take some time to plan now so you are set up for success in the fall. This checklist will help your administrators, teachers, students and parents get up to speed with Hero before the school year begins.
Setting new Active Terms at the beginning of a school semester is important in making sure the attendance data collected is accurate, and will ensure that your teacher and student rosters are populated correctly.
Depending on your Student Information System (SIS), your Active Terms normally follow the guidelines that are shown below. For the purposes of this Guide we will be using screenshots using data exported from PowerSchool.
To begin, log in to the Hero Administration site: http://setup.heropowered.com
Active Terms Set (So teachers can see Rosters)
1. Click on the “Bell Schedule” icon.
2. Verify current Active Terms.
3. Ensure that only the correct term(s) are selected.
4. Click “Save Terms” to save your changes.
Add a New Bell Schedule
1. Add a new Bell Schedule by clicking the plus box on the right (Circled)
2. Name the Bell schedule. Using the reference codes that match the schedules in the STUDENT LOOKUP feature, add periods one by one with the blue plus box
*Each period is a hyperlink that once clicked can be changed. Do this if you're updating the existing bell schedule
3. Save Bell Schedule