How to Avoid Duplicates
Importing in the Add mode presents the possibility of accidentally creating duplicate contacts, should you import information for contacts already existing in your system. In order to reduce the likelihood of creating duplicate contacts, we use Illuminate’s Read API to match contact information in SchoolMint with existing Illuminate contacts. If we find an exact match, we will add the contact ID into the import file in order to indicate that this contact already exists.
- If you wish, we can set the export to ONLY create the contacts.txt file with unmatched contacts and create a file titled contacts_matched.txt which is not imported but for your reference only.
- If you wish to create a full contacts.txt file with all information, please do the following to remove the matched contacts:
- Generate your export and open your contacts.txt file in Excel
- Sort your file by Contact ID and delete all contacts with an ID
- Re-save the file and compress the folder again to create a new .zip file for import
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.