General packets is a SchoolMint event where you can collect information outside of admissions. Organizations and schools use general packets for field trips, athletics, donations, etc. If you are interested in implementing this feature for your organization, please contact your SchoolMint Customer Success representative, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) From the Settings page, go to create and manage General Packets.
2) Create and manage General Packets from this page.
3) When creating a new general packet, you can set a packet on a Account level or at the Student level:
a) Account level - only one packet will be attached to the family account.
b) Student level - one packet will be attached to each student in the family.
4) Select custom forms for the general packet.
5) Events and Payments can also be attached to a General Packet.
* After creating a general packet, you need to communicate the packet url to individual students or groups of students.
6a) From Admissions-Manage Packets, send a packet to a group of students by sending an email/SMS
6b) Use Manage Registration or Manage Re-enrollments to select individual students to communicate a general packet url link.
General Packet Tips:
a) Families need to at least be In Progress with Re-Enrollment or Registration or have submitted a new student Application before starting a general packet. Parents may encounter an error with completing a general packet if they have not started re-enrollment.
b) You are able to post the general packet urls on your school website. However, if you already push general packets to an account/student, when the parent logs in, they will already have general packets waiting for them to complete.
c) When a parent clicks on a general packet url, they will be directed to sign into their SchoolMint account. Upon sign in, they will be prompted to complete a packet:
d) After a parent selects a students, they completed the required forms.
e) When a parent completes a packet, they will be directed to the Student Dashboard, to view their progress, whether active or inactive.