What are Print Templates?
Print Templates is a premium feature that allows one to print out SchoolMint collected information onto a format that matches paper forms. Those forms would then be printed from the usual Print Forms menu option. Note that at this time, the Print Templates feature does not include the option to print blank forms or templates.
For example, if the Home Language Survey needs to be filed with the district with its original formatting intact, one can use a Print Template. Families will complete the form as usual in SchoolMint, but when one prints the form, each family's answers will populate within a printable PDF of the original form.
In order to access Print Templates, navigate to Settings > Manage Forms > Custom Forms > Action (dropdown) > Print Templates:
Here is a video demonstration of the feature:
Within the Print Template format layout, one has the ability to do the following:
- Upload a PNG, PDF (including multi-page), or JPG as the template format;
- Map SM standard field types, SM custom field types, SIS fields;
- Change font size of the printed answer;
- Resize fields;
- Access an opacity slider that helps a user change the visibility of the pdf during template creation;
- Create and save a draft before activating the print display;
- Option to hide the feature for certain admin users;
- Autosave templates;
- File Upload documents will print alongside Print Template version of form;
Current limitations of the feature:
- Only fields from that specific form are available in the template (e.g., if you ask for Student Name in another form, but not in the form attached to the template, there is no Student Name field available for the template);
- No solution for a “Circle here” paper form question (potentially other form questions that are unique to paper as well);
- Cannot pull in standard database fields like Submission Date timestamp. Only fields in the custom form can be placed in the Print template;
- Cannot insert custom text into a template;
- SM Forced Ranking fields are not supported;
- Placeholder text length for paragraph fields is not dynamic, i.e., not dependent upon the max character length set by the admin;
- The non-binary gender answer option for standard gender field does not display within the printed template;
If you would like to use the Print Templates feature, ask your Customer Success Specialist for more information!