For the SchoolMint to Aeries Integration, we use the APIs exposed by Aeries to read data from your instance. We also have built a windows service that needs to be installed in your School network server through which SchoolMint can read and write data to your Aeries instance.
- The School/district needs to set up a Windows server which has IIS and requires .Net 4.6.1 or greater to be installed (.net 4.5 or ASP.Net 4.5 as part of the IIS configuration).
- The Windows server should be able to talk to their Aeries Database - as in the DB user that they decide to use on the Windows service config should have the right permissions and the network ports be opened for the Service to talk to the DB.
- The Windows Service should be accessible to SchoolMint via https. The URL should be a proper host URL and not an IP address.
- If the School has any issues exposing this service to SchoolMint (which is outside the School network), we can always provide them the SchoolMint IP addresses, so that they can whitelist our IPs.
- The School will need to provide the Windows Service URL to SchoolMint and also the client id from the web.config
Aeries API Setup:
- Even though we use the APIs that we built, there are still other API calls that we make that relies on the Read APIs exposed by Aeries. For that reason, we need the School/District to set it up for us. This is what we will use to set up SIS Connection on SchoolMint side.
- School/District can follow the instructions from here to create a key for SchoolMint Product. SchoolMint will need have access to the following tables: Student Data, Schools, Terms, Enrollment History, Contacts.
- Once this is done, they need to provide SchoolMint the Certificate header and the URL of the READ API so that SchoolMint can set up the SIS Connection to Aeries.
- If the testing will be done in Sandbox, the School/District can set it up in Prod first and then they can do prod to sandbox copy on Aeries side or just set it up in both Sandbox and Prod.
SchoolMint Windows Service Installation:
- The School/District can follow the instructions from here - to install the service.
- Supported field list can be found here.
- The School/District can generate a guide for the ClientID and put it in the web.config file. They need to share this ClientID with us so that SchoolMint can make a successful call. GUID can be generated online here.
- Once they install the Service, they can check if everything is looking good by accessing the service in a browser and they should see something like this
- And clicking on API should show them all endpoints. If this is not true, then they need to check on the Troubleshooting section on the install document
Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 5.19.05 pm
- The School/District needs to make sure that the appropriate permissions are given to the DB user used in Web.Config.
- When we set up the connection, we always need to map it to the test/fake/placeholder school as once students are moved to test school, they are then moved to the respective schools through an internal Aeries process.