How To: Export PowerSchool Database Extension Definitions
As part of your SchoolMint to PowerSchool mapping, there might be fields which are not standard fields. In order to set up the integration we will need to know the corresponding table and field names of the database extensions where this data resides.
In order to do this we will need an export of your database extension definitions.
- Log in to your PowerSchool admin console
- In the school selection dropdown, choose “District Office”
3. Go to <your powerschool url>/admin/customization/CreatePackagePage.action and you will see a screen similar to the following:
4. Under “Select Individual Files”, navigate to “user_schema_root” and select all the xml files under it. After being selected, each one will appear in the “Selected Files” section.
5. Fill out the fields as shown and then click on “Create Plugin Zip File”
This will create a zip file and download it to your computer. Please provide this file to your SchoolMint contact, as it will allow us to determine the correct table and field names for your database extension values in the mapping.