1) How are entry dates set for a student?
- If we sync a student and it happens to be an insert/create in PS (new student), and if the current date is on or before the school start date, then the entry date will be the school start date. If the current date is after the school start date, the entry date will be the current date (the day you are syncing).
2) If I have returning students I am syncing for whom I do not want certain information entered in SchoolMint to update their records in PowerSchool, how can I control this?
- We have non-updatable fields that can be set when filling out the mapping template for this very reason! You can identify fields that you do not want to overwrite for existing students in PS in your mapping template and our team can ensure this is incorporated into the logic when syncing.
3) When my rollover in PS happens, how can I ensure that the status of students is set to active rather than pre-enrolled?
- You are able to manage what status you would like students to get sent in in the SIS connection once the rollover has happened. This can be accessed from Settings > Manage SIS Connection.