What is covered in this article?
- What are SIS Fields?
- Why Use PowerSchool SIS Fields?
- How to Configure SIS Fields?
- List of Available SIS Fields for PowerSchool
- Known Limitations of SIS Fields
1) What are SIS Fields?
SIS Fields are a type of field in SchoolMint that corresponds directly with fields in your SIS. When establishing an API-based connection with your PowerSchool instance, we will be able to see which SIS Fields are available for use in your SchoolMint forms.
2) Why Use SIS Fields?
Using SIS Fields in your SchoolMint forms drastically reduces the time spent on mapping data from SchoolMint to your PowerSchool instance, while ensure data integrity and accuracy between the two systems.
3) How to Configure SIS Fields
When establishing an API-based connection with your PowerSchool instance, we will be able to see which "SIS Fields" are available for use in your SchoolMint forms.
The labels listed on the SIS Fields are the labels that will appear in your SchoolMint forms. If you wish to have a different label for the SIS Fields, you may edit them by clicking on the pencil icon.
Note: Drastically changing the name of the SIS Field may cause confusion when syncing data back to your PowerSchool instance. Please exercise caution when editing field labels as previous labels are not cached in SchoolMint.
4) Available SIS Fields for PowerSchool
The following PowerSchool fields are supported as SIS Fields in SchoolMint:
|Field Label||SIS Field Key|
|District entry date||demographics::district_entry_date|
|District entry date||initial_enrollment::district_entry_date|
|District entry grade||initial_enrollment::district_entry_grade_level|
|School entry date||initial_enrollment::school_entry_date|
|School entry grade||initial_enrollment::school_entry_grade_level|
|Projected Graduation Year||demographics::projected_graduation_year|
|Primary Phone Number||phones::main::number|
|District Race Code||ethnicity_race::races::district_race_code|
|District Race Code||ethnicity_race::scheduling_reporting_ethnicity|
|Student race decline to specify||ethnicity_race::federal_race_decline_indicator **|
|Doctor Phone Number||contact::doctor_phone|
|Student Core Fields|
|Date of Entry into USA||extension_table::studentcorefields::dateofentryintousa|
|Dentist Phone Number||extension_table::studentcorefields::dentist_phone|
|Previous Student ID||extension_table::studentcorefields::prevstudentid|
|Single Parent Household||extension_table::studentcorefields::singleparenthshldflag|
|PS 12/19 Contact Fields|
|Home Phone Number||contacts::SisContact%Nth%::phones::Home::phoneNumber|
|Work Phone Number||contacts::SisContact%Nth%::phones::Work::phoneNumber|
|Mobile Phone Number||contacts::SisContact%Nth%::phones::Mobile::phoneNumber|
|Street Line 1||contacts::SisContact%Nth%::addressess::Home::street|
|Street Line 2||contacts::SisContact%Nth%::addressess::Home::linetwo|
5) Known Limitations of SIS Fields
- SIS fields do not autofill with information that was saved in Standard fields during the past enrollment season.
- SIS Fields that are type “sis_field_with_options” are not available for use with conditional logic in forms. Examples: gender, state address field, contact relationship, primary language, homeless dwelling type, etc.Contacts
- All SIS Contact Fields must be included in one form, once. The purpose of a singular Contacts form is to collect all contacts associated with a student, including guardians, custodians, authorized adults for pick up, emergency contacts, family members, etc. If the same SIS Field is present in multiple forms, SchoolMint will automatically update/overwrite all instances of the Contact field. For example, if a guardian updates/deletes information from a Contact block of fields, it will then update/delete that same data if Contact fields are present in other forms. A workaround to consider would be to make a second set of Contact fields Read-Only.
- Database Extension /custom fields in PowerSchool will not be part of the SIS Fields options. You will still need to migrate those fields and send the information to us to be able to map those fields manually by an engineer during your annual sync update.
- Transformations for SIS Fields will still need to be directly called out in the mapping template during your annual sync update.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.