What is covered in this article?
- How to fill out the import template
- How to review if your data is error free prior to sending to engineering
- How to review the import once it has been pushed to Sandbox
How to Fill Out the Import Template
SchoolMint's Re-Enrollment Template may be found here (click). Please review the first tab of the template that outlines formatting requirements and identifies which fields are required. Note: if a field is formatted incorrectly or a required field is missing it will produce an error and will not allow that record to be imported.
Common Field Formatting Mistakes:
- Birthdate: This needs to be formatted as follows MM/DD/YYYY (including leading zeros)
- Guardians need either an email address or a mobile phone number to be imported.
- We will be creating accounts based on the guardian email address if it exists, or the guardian mobile phone if there is no email address.
- Missing required fields such as address, relationship or contact information
- Student lives with field: This field needs to be made up of the exact codes listed with only a comma in between (no spaces).
- e.g. Mother and Father should be listed as MO,FA
- Custom ID field (optional): record data is made up of data that does not fit the field type (i.e. if it is type number, but the import has text in this field to be imported.)
- If it is a "yes/no" type field, please populate "true/false"
How to confirm that your data is error free prior to sending to engineering
- Your Implementation or Customer Success contact will be responsible for pushing your import through our clean up tool. This takes time. Please remember to submit your best import to have a faster turnaround time!
- The output of the clean up tool is an error file for you to reference and correct data errors.
- Once all of the errors have been corrected, the import template will be submitted to our engineers for processing. The import will be pushed to your Sandbox site for review. Please note that additional errors may be caught at this stage!
How to review the import once it has been pushed to Sandbox
Once the records have been imported into your Sandbox site it is important to check the following:
- Is the total number of records in the template the same as the number of records in your Sandbox site?
- Is each grade/school count the same?
- Spot check to ensure there isn’t an issue with the data on a high level:
- Does the data in the Student Profile match what is in the import template?
- Check that returning siblings are in same account with correct data, and a new account wasn't created for each sibling. For example, a family may have a student who applied to your organization and now a sibling is coming over via the returning student import? Make sure to check that a duplicate account was not created and that the siblings are in the same account.
- It is very important to review the import within 3 business days. If possible please view on the day of the import since Sandbox erases nightly!
To review your data in SchoolMint:
- Log into your sandbox site (check for orange banner at top and schoolmint2.net in URL)
- Navigate to Admissions → Manage Re-Enrollments → Export as CSV
- Compare the CSV with the imported template and your SIS information
- Review about 10 student profiles to ensure that student birthdays, guardian info and address information came over correctly.
- Are there any students who you think there may be issues with? Check those in closer detail.
- Once we receive sign off that everything looks good and finalized, the records will be pushed to production!
Click here for a user checklist to open Re-Enrollment.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.