What is covered in this article?
- What is an access code?
- Select a Recipient Group
- Enter an Email Subject
- Enter an Email Message
- Enter a Text Message
- Click Send!
- Send Message as a Template
What is an access code?
- Each of your returning students has his/her own distinct access code.
- An access code ties a student’s record to the brand new account that your parents will create.
- An access code can’t be used twice and they do not expire.
Through Communications - Send Message, you can create a template for an email or text message to communicate individual access codes to families.
Step 1: Select a recipient group.
Select the Group, School, Grade and Status for the message. When communicating access codes for the first time, you would select the "Re-Enrollment Not Started" status.
Step 2: Enter an email subject.
Make this subject a sentence/phrase your families will understand. Create a reason why they want to read the message. For example, "Steps enclosed to re-enroll your student at Successful Schools."
Step 3: Enter in the email message.
|1. NO Access Codes Template (accounts created): Use this link to view a sample template that can be customized for your organization. Please note that this template is intended for families who have already had accounts created for them and therefore do NOT need access codes.|
2. Access Codes Template (no accounts created): Here is another sample template. You can use the variable $access_code to make this message personalized for each student.
"Dear $guardian_first_name $guardian_last_name,
We're excited to have your student join us for the 2016-17 school year at Successful Schools.
We're pleased to announce that this year we are rolling out a new online system called SchoolMint. SchoolMint makes parent-school communication easier than ever. Starting this year, re-enrollment paperwork will be done online. You can use your smartphone with the SchoolMint mobile app or computer to complete all the necessary forms.
See below for instructions:
1a. If you are a RETURNING user to SchoolMint (you have submitted a new student application in the past), use your already registered username to log into successful.schoolmint.net/signin;
1b. If your family is a NEW user to SchoolMint, you need to Sign Up for a new account, by going to successful.schoolmint.net/signup;
2. Sign Up/Log In using an email address OR phone number and a new password;
3a. You will see a screen asking, "Was your child a student at this organization last year?" If your child is an existing student at the school this year, choose "Yes";
3b. You will see a green "Add returning student" button from your student dashboard;
4. Enter your child's access code for student $student_full_name: $access_code
5. Proceed to save parent information, student information, and re-enrollment forms. Use the green button "Save and Continue Later" to save your progress as you complete the forms;
6. Submit forms.
If you have any questions about any required forms or need to speak to a school representative, please contact our office at email@example.com.
If you encounter a technical error, please contact technical support at SchoolMint, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your swift submission of re-enrollment paperwork, which is due August 17, 2016.
Thanks and welcome to the 2016-17 school year!"
Step 4: Enter in a text message.
The max number of characters for a message is 134. "Reply STOP to unsubscribe" is automatically added to the end of your text message.
Step 5: Click Send!
Step 6: Save email as a template.
You can save this template for future use by giving the message a label.
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.