General Packets are a SchoolMint feature that allow you to collect information outside of your Application, Registration, or Re-Enrollment workflows. Organizations and schools use General Packets for year-round purposes: field trips, athletics, donations, etc.
If you are interested in implementing this feature for your organization, please contact your SchoolMint Customer Success representative, or email@example.com.
1) From the Settings page, go to create and manage General Packets.
2) Create and manage General Packets from this page.
3) When creating a new general packet, you can set a packet on a Account level or at the Student level:
a) Account level - only one packet will be attached to the family account.
b) Student level - one packet will be attached to each student in the family.
4) Select custom forms for the general packet.
5) Events and Payments can also be attached to a General Packet.
* After creating a general packet, you need to communicate the packet url to individual students or groups of students.
6a) From Admissions-Manage Packets, send a packet to a group of students by sending an email/SMS
6b) Use Manage Registration or Manage Re-enrollments to select individual students to communicate a general packet url link.
a) Families need to at least be In Progress with Re-Enrollment or Registration or have submitted a new student Application before starting a general packet. Parents may encounter an error with completing a general packet if they have not started re-enrollment.
b) You are able to post the general packet urls on your school website. However, if you already push general packets to an account/student, when the parent logs in, they will already have general packets waiting for them to complete.
c) When a parent clicks on a general packet url, they will be directed to sign into their SchoolMint account. Upon sign in, they will be prompted to complete a packet:
d) After a parent selects a students, they completed the required forms.
e) When a parent completes a packet, they will be directed to the Student Dashboard, to view their progress, whether active or inactive.