What is covered in this article?
- User Checklist for Application Launch: Please review this list of settings to prepare for a successful application launch
User Checklist for Application Launch in SchoolMint
1) School Settings *Required
- Go to Settings > Add and Manage Schools
- For each school, confirm: School Name, Grades Served, School Address
- Tutorial: Video: School Settings
2) Calendar Dates *Required
- Go to Settings > Set Up Calendar and Dates
- Update the following application-related calendar dates:
- Application Start - First day to begin accepting applications
- Open Enrollment Start - First day to begin accepting lottery-eligible applications (same as Application Start)
- Open Enrollment End - Lottery deadline (last day to accept applications for the lottery
- Application End - Last possible day to apply for the 2020-21 year
- Tips for Success:
- It is important to set start and end dates for Applications and Open Enrollment - even if you always accept applications, you still need to set an end date or you'll get an error message
- SchoolMint dates are set in 24-hour time. The time 00:00:00 is the beginning of the day. For example, 00:00:00 on 12/31/17 is the start of Dec. 31st
- *Optional: Add applicable Cut-off Dates (restricts applicant from applying to a specific grade based on birth date)
- Tutorial: Video: Edit Calendars and Dates
- Tutorial: Video: Add/Edit Cut-off Dates
3) Application Form *Required
- Go to Settings > Manage Forms
- How to Edit the Application Form
- Please confirm:
- Does the application include all of your desired questions?
- If you run a lottery that gives preference to certain applicants, does your application collect information to assign that priority? (For example: FRL, Sibling Attending, Staff Member Child)
- Have you reviewed custom text and dates in the form? (For example: Application Form Title and Apply Message)
- Are questions correctly set as required vs not required?
- Have you incorporated conditional logic, if desired?
- Would you like to edit your Discovery Reasons? (Settings > Manage Discovery & Decline Reasons)
- Tutorial: Video: Application Forms
4) Update Custom Messages *Optional but Recommended
- Go to Settings > Custom Messages
- Give families instructions and more information along the application flow by adding custom messages to the pages around your site
- Tutorial: Video: Edit Custom Messages
- Tutorial: Where can I insert Custom Messages throughout the site?
5) Automatic Text Messages & Email Templates *Optional but Recommended
- These are sent based on application status changes and/or actions taken on records
- Go to Settings > Manage Text Message and Email Templates
- Edit the automated Text Message & Email templates that families receive during the applicant stage: Cancel Application, Edit Application, Submit Application, Withdraw Application
- Tutorial: Updating Message Templates
How will I know if I am ready to launch Applications?
Once you’ve completed this checklist, go to Dashboards > Select Go Live Dashboard to see if you’ve missed any steps! Click here for more information: Help Center Article
That's it! If you have questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out to our Admin Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck with your upcoming enrollment launch!
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.